2012/2/10 Stéfan van der Walt email@example.com
On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 9:07 PM, Tony Yu firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
There has been a surprising amount of new features, fixes, and doc improvements since 0.4, so I'm wondering if it's time for a new release.
You're right, it's about time!
Are there any major todos before that?
- Finish the Debian packaging. Really, this is so close, we should just
- Edit the skivi.1 man-page template (anyone with Troff skills here?)
- Update the copyright file.
- Ping Yaroslav to check and upload.
If possible, we should get permission from everyone with per-file copyright messages and move their names to the CONTRIBUTORS.txt file, so that we have a single license covering all our code.
- Maybe doc additions if they're close.
I've got some unpushed user guide changes that I'll be done with soon.
- Of the current pull requests, only SSIM and template-matching are
but I don't think I'll have much time to sort out the issues with template-matching for awhile.
For now, I'm pretty much done with SSIM, so if you think it looks OK please merge.
Actually, I haven't really look over SSIM; I was just basing its readiness on Nicolas's comments. ;) I'll read through the code this weekend.
- I was really excited about the image stitching example using HoGs,
suggested by Nelle. If it's not close, though, no pressure.
Since Nelle's indicated that she's very busy at the moment, we can push that back to 0.6 (and yes, it would make a great feature!).
The end of February gets crazy for me time-wise, so shall we aim for the 19th of February? That gives us two more weekends.
The 19th sounds like a good target. I guess I forgot about the FreeImage issues, but it sounds like Zach is working pretty hard to make the build as care-free as possible.