(Crap, how did I sent an incomplete email? Sorry about that.)
I hacked my "performance compile" command to force pip 7.1.2 on alpha versions of Python 3.5, which worked around the pyparsing regression (used since pip 8): https://sourceforge.net/p/pyparsing/bugs/100/
I succeeded to run benchmarks on CPython on the period April, 2014 - April, 2017, with one dot per quarter (so 4 dots per year).
I started to analyze performance in depth and added notes in the performance documentation: http://pyperformance.readthedocs.io/cpython_results_2017.html (performance has now an online doc!)
I wrote a tool to bisect a performance change, it tries to find the commit which made the significant performance change (slowdown or speedup): https://github.com/haypo/misc/blob/master/misc/find_git_revisions_by_date.py
I now started to compute one dot per month to have a better resolution, since my tool failed to bisect the April,2016-July,2016 period. With a resolution of 1 month, I identified the "PyMem_Malloc() now uses the fast pymalloc allocator" change which has a signficant impact on unpickle_list.