Dear Python Community,
PyCon Tanzania, is seeking speakers of all experience levels and
backgrounds to contribute to the Python Conference program! If you use the
Python programming language professionally, as a hobbyist or are just
excited about Python or programming and open source communities, we'd love
to hear from you. We want you and your ideas at the upcoming Python
*NOTE*:The Python Tanzania Conference Programme consists of two parts,
these being the Talks/Presentations and Tutorials Tracks.
*Talks*: These are the traditional talk sessions given during the main
conference day which. PyCon Tanzania is dedicated to featuring a diverse
and inclusive mix of speakers in the lineup.
*Tutorials*: As with the talks, we are looking for tutorials that can grow
this community at any level. We aim for tutorials that will advance Python,
advance this community, and shape the future of Tanzania through open
source software. Each tutorial session runs for 3 full hours plus a break
*Lightning Talks*: Lightning Talks are fun, short, five-minute (or less)
talks. Ideally each talk should make a single point, often in a fun, quirky
or over-the-top way. Slides are optional but often a good image can help
get a point across quickly.
*We are looking for presenters who would:*
- Offer a technical tutorial on an appropriate topic;
- Participate in the technical conference sessions as a speaker;
- Convene and chair panel sessions of relevant topics.
*PyCon Timeline; For Call for Presentation/Tutorial*
- 06th - 12th November, 2019 Submission of Abstracts Presentation
- 12th November, 2019 Submission of Draft Presentations
- 25th November, 2019 Submission of Final Presentation
- 30th November, 2019 Publishing of Final Program
- 09th December 2019 Tutorials/Workshops
- 10th December 2019 Conference Begin
- 11th December 2019 Conference Ends
*Topics must be relevant to the Python Language and Open Source Software:*
- Python usage in your Project
- Python usage in Research
- Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence
- Open Source Software
- Cyber Security Issues
- Content Development
- Gaming and Machine Vision
- Cloud Computing & Virtualisation
- Ideas on improving diversity and inclusiveness
- Type system Or patterns from functional programming Or logic
*SUBMIT YOUR PRESENTATION / TUTORIAL TO*:
* speak(a)pycon.or.tz <speak(a)pycon.or.tz> *
*More details and updates can also be found at *
PyCon 2019 Program Committee
Note: For those who registered to attend the workshop today and conference
The venue for Python Conference which will happen from today 10th - 11th
December is below.
*SeedSpace Conference Center*
*13th Floor, Tanzanite Park*
Bagamoyo Road, Before Moroko
See below google map as well.
As you might all be aware, we are pleased to inform you that the Python
Conference in Tanzania will take place early next week.
*Dates:* 10th - 11th December 2019
*Location:* Seedspace Auditorium, 13th Floor, Tanzanite Park
*Workshop Day:* Please note that workshops for students who want to learn
Python Language will take place on the *10th December 2019*.
PS: We will send emails to all students who already registered and
confirmed their participation for the workshop.
*Conference Day*: Please note that the main conference for all where
speakers will present talks related to the Python Language will take place
on *11th Dec 2019.*
PS: For those who have purchased tickets, please show your proof of
purchase at the registration table on the 11th December 2019 from 8AM.
*Timetable:* Please note that the time table for both 10th and 11th
December is published here; http://pycon.or.tz/schedule/index.html
See you all soon.
PyCon Tanzania Secretariat.