On behalf of Twisted Matrix Laboratories, I am honored to announce the release of Twisted 12.2.
Highlights for this release include:
* To be able to work on Python3 support, Python 2.5 is no longer supported.
* twisted.mail.imap4 now serves BODYSTRUCTURE responses which provide more information and conform to the IMAP4 RFC more closely.
* twisted.conch now supports commercial SSH implementations which don't comply with the IETF standard.
* twisted.internet.endpoints now provides several new endpoints, including a TCP client endpoint that resolves hostnames to IPv6 host addresses.
* IReactorSocket.adoptStreamConnection, implemented by some reactors, allows adding an existing established connection to the reactor.
Starting with the release after 12.2, Twisted will begin requiring zope.interface 3.6 (as part of Python 3 support).
This is the last Twisted release supporting Python 2.6 on Windows.
For more information, see the NEWS file here:
Download it now from:
Thanks to the supporters of Twisted and to the many contributors for this release.
-- Ashwini Oruganti