I would like to announce txZMQ, ZeroMQ bindings for Twisted. txZMQ is based on pyzmq and requires recent ØMQ version (>=2.1).
txZMQ uses ØMQ APIs to get file descriptor that is used to signal pending actions from ØMQ library IO thread running in separate thread. txZMQ should be usable with any Twisted reactor.
* The socket library that acts as a concurrency framework.
* Carries messages across inproc, IPC, TCP, and multicast.
* Connect N-to-N via fanout, pubsub, pipeline, request-reply.
* Fast enough for clustered products and supercomputing.
* Asynch I/O for scalable multicore message-passing apps.
Bridging ØMQ and Twisted makes a nice match: fast simple messaging between Twisted instances solving complex problems :)
Qik Web Team Lead