On Monday, 29 March 2021 15:27:31 BST Adi Roiban wrote:
Should I enable GitHub discussions for twisted/twisted repo?
I can keep up with the email, but you will lose me if I have to browse to github to see what is going on.
- it's like email but I think that it's easier to include/exclude people
interested in the discussion
- If an external person / one time contributor wants to participate in a
discussion, subscribing to the whole maillinglist is no longer required
- Should be easier to find the "right answer" inside a discussion.
- You can search the twisted/twisted repo from one place (GitHub top left
search bar) and also find discussion for that topic.
- Might help with keeping the comments inside the PR focused on the code
review as it should be easier to start a discussion
- Depend even more on GitHub / MS.. but I hope that even if
- Yet another communication channel for the Twisted community. We already
- this mailinglist
- the web mailinglist
- stack overflow
- GitHub PRs
We already depende a lot on Github for git hosting, code review, automated tests, deployment, pypy publishing. I don't know if the discussion feature will make much of a difference.
There is an API  that ctwisted-pythontwisted-pythonan be used to export the data if needed or import mailman data.
What do you think?
Yes... no... maybe...stupid idea :)
We have an archive for this list  but there is no search.
 https://docs.github.com/en/graphql/guides/using-the-graphql-api-for-discussi...  https://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/