Personally I'm a big fan of Pelican - I use it for my blog - and even if it's the opposite of Twisted (fully synchronous, fully offline ;-)) it's nice to be able to share Python code and open up the possibility of Python extensions for contributors.
Thank you for doing this. The theme looks great. I do think we want a design refresh at some point as well, but having a robust and consistent starting point lets us get off to a much faster start with this!
On Aug 18, 2021, at 2:45 AM, Grégoire JUGE firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
I tried to replicate the current https://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/index.html https://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/index.html theme with pelican: https://judgegregg.github.io/pelitwi/ https://judgegregg.github.io/pelitwi/ (I reused Moshe Z.'s example to make comparison easier :) ) Sources: https://github.com/JudgeGregg/pelitwi https://github.com/JudgeGregg/pelitwi
- Creating a theme from scratch seems easy at least for the basics
- Pelican handles rst natively, so porting current pages should be doable without too much hassle
- The theme feels a bit dated maybe (but switching/upgrading theme looks simple)?
- Pelican can be used to host any static content (not only blogs) but it requires a little more work AFAIK
- I have no idea how to replicate navbar and menus on pelican (probably related to n.2)
Please let me know what you think. If in the end we switch to Sphinx, I'd be happy to lend a hand too :) (Although I'm currently logged in the Twisted Libera Chat, I won't be able to use it for another week or so.)
-- Grégoire Juge _______________________________________________ Twisted mailing list -- email@example.com To unsubscribe send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org https://mail.python.org/mailman3/lists/twisted.python.org/ Message archived at https://email@example.com/message/RAUXUBSEGA3... Code of Conduct: https://twisted.org/conduct