On behalf of Twisted Matrix Laboratories, I am pleased to announce the release of Twisted 11.1.
Highlights of the 185 tickets closed include:
* The poll reactor as default where applicable, instead of select everywhere.
* A new SSL implementation only relying on OpenSSL for cryptography, (not I/O) making it more robust.
* Several improvements to the fresh HTTP/1.1 client implementation, including proxy and cookie support.
* My personal favorite: a new howto has been published on test-driven development with Twisted.
* A special mention to the new abortConnection support on TCP and SSL connections, heroically pushed by Itamar and Jean-Paul, and the oldest ticket closed by this release.
This is the last release supporting Python 2.4 (the support on Windows stopped with 11.0).
For more information, see the NEWS file here:
Download it now from:
http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/T/Twisted/Twisted-11.1.0.tar.bz2 or http://pypi.python.org/packages/2.5/T/Twisted/Twisted-11.1.0.win32-py2.5.msi or http://pypi.python.org/packages/2.6/T/Twisted/Twisted-11.1.0.win32-py2.6.msi or http://pypi.python.org/packages/2.7/T/Twisted/Twisted-11.1.0.win32-py2.7.msi
Thanks to the supporters of the Twisted Software Foundation and to the many contributors for this release.