What is PyProtocols? --------------------
PyProtocols is an extended implementation of PEP 246, adding a new "declaration API" that lets you easily define your own interfaces and adapters, and declare what adapters should be used to adapt what types, objects, or interfaces. Using PyProtocols, you can easily make flexible frameworks that you or other developers can extend without needing to modify the base framework. PyProtocols interfaces can interoperate with those of Twisted and Zope, or can be used entirely standalone.
PyProtocols may be used, modified, and distributed under the same terms and conditions as Python or Zope.
What's new in version 0.9.1? ----------------------------
* Implemented Samuele Pedroni's "subproto" idea (see http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2003-June/036242.html) as the new 'protocolForType()' API.
* Added other APIs to automatically generate protocols, such as 'protocolForURI()', 'sequenceOf()', and 'Variation()'.
* Compatible with Zope X3 Milestone 4, Python 2.3.2, and Twisted 1.1.0. (Also runs on Python 2.2.2+, if you don't need Zope 3 compatibility.)
* New 'Adapter' and 'StickyAdapter' convenience base classes
* Fixes for compatibility with 'ExtensionClass', and for a memory leak in the optional C "speedups" module
PyProtocols Resources ---------------------
* Detailed Changes since the 0.9 release: http://peak.telecommunity.com/protocol_api/CHANGES.txt.html
* Release notes, installation instructions, and browsable API docs: http://peak.telecommunity.com/protocol_api/
* Source and Binary Releases: http://peak.telecommunity.com/dist/
* Reference Manual (HTML): http://peak.telecommunity.com/protocol_ref/module-protocols.html
* Reference Manual (PDF): http://peak.telecommunity.com/protocol_ref.pdf
* Browsable CVS Repository: http://cvs.eby-sarna.com/PyProtocols/