As some of you know, we have discussed and examined numerous methods
for sustainability and continued development of yt.
The yt team is proud to announce that we have secured consistent
future funding through a mutually beneficial partnership with a large,
We are proud to announce that today, April 1, 2018, we are announcing
the forthcoming release of a special edition of yt, entitled YT-1300,
in collaboration with Disney’s LucasFilm. This edition will be
released on May 25, 2018.
Among the special features that will be included:
* All units of parsec (Mpc, kpc, pc) will have their dimensions
changed from “(length)” to “(time)”.
* At any point during the execution of a script, you can change the
underlying process that is doing the execution. Would you rather run
in Fortran instead of Python? This can now be done mid-analysis.
* All visualizations generated through yt will be watermarked with
the “Disney” logo
* Sonification routines will be THX certified
* All point-masses below an Earth mass will henceforth be identified
* Full support for relativistic coordinate systems will be
implemented, enabling disputes over “who did what first” to be
* ds.slice has been replaced with ds.laser_sword
While we are very excited about this, and what these types of deals
may hold for yt in the future, we expect this to be the only release
in this series. It will likely remain a solo opportunity at this time.
For more information, please consult YTEP-1138 where this is defined
in greater detail.