Over the past few days at the yt development workshop we added some new
bots/features to the yt repository that will hopefully help streamline some
aspects of the maintenance of the project. Here is what we came up with so
- We added a welcome bot that welcomes and thanks new contributors to the
project on their first issue or PR.
- We added a triage bot that adds a "triage" label to all new issues. Once
they have been triaged and relevant labels have been added, the bot
automatically removes the triage label.
- We added a few "projects" to the projects tab of the repo (yt 4.0,
weather data, and frontend refactor). The intent here is to document what
needs to be done and track our progress on projects/milestones that we have
- We added new labels for issues and PRs. We've added domains, index, and
coordinates labels to help refine our classifications of different issues.
I also updated the coloring on some of these labels, so
* greens: things that are direct improvements or are related to new
* browns: related to project infrastructure / tests / docs
* blues: future ideas / aspirations
* yellows: awaiting actions
* everything else is random
If any of you have feedback/concerns/other ideas on how we can improve what
I've mentioned here, ideas on what else can be done to streamline things,
or declaring your love for different color palettes, please chime in! These
are intended to be a helpful starting point, not random
unilaterally-decided additions to the project.