I'm starting the release process of yt 3.0a3 today, but I won't finish
it for a few days. Basically, I'm writing up a bunch of notebooks
demoing new features and showing speed/memory improvements. So the
release will likely be delayed until later this week.
Any outstanding pull requests you'd like to have go in should be
issued today or tomorrow morning, and I'll try to review and have them
go in. If there are major outstanding bugs, or improvements that
aren't ready to land yet, we can hold off a few more days but
absolutely no later than Thursday of next week.
PS As a sidenote, I will be out of email contact for some time
not-yet-determined starting between July 30 and through at least
yt-dev mailing list