---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gina Helfrich <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 10:28 AM
Subject: [DISC] open source survey data from GitHub
Some items of interest here for building inclusive OS communities: http://opensourcesurvey.org/2017/
- Documentation is highly valued, frequently overlooked, and a means for establishing inclusive and accessible communities.
- Negative interactions are infrequent but highly visible, with consequences for project activity.
- Open source is used by the whole world, but its contributors don't yet reflect its broad audience.
- Using and contributing to open source often happens on the job.
- Open source is the default when choosing software.
Dr. Gina Helfrich
Communications Director, NumFOCUS
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Diversity & Inclusion in Scientific Computing" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to email@example.com.
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/numfocus.org/group/disc/.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/numfocus.org/d/msgid/disc/CAFhTXRP96nK_Os2CL1FwbsFynec_HF7J%2BZoNUsSmigLUBxkbCA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/numfocus.org/d/optout.