I'm writing with three points.
1) We had hoped for a release by the end of June. There are three outstanding tickets [ http://hg.enzotools.org/yt/issues?status=new&status=open&milestone=2... ].
I'm not going to be able to look at these before the end of June. The middle one might get pushed off, as it's blocked on some other developments. So anybody that wants to step up and handle either the field of view or the reason documentation, please do so. Anybody have any thoughts on this?
2) A few of us have created a prototype of a new website:
to replace the old one. The style was purchased from themeforest.net. I am not yet convinced that this is a good idea, to move to a fancier layout, because I worry that too fancy and it looks unserious. I can't tell if this site crosses that line. I do like how it lays out the community, development, how to get it, and examples. (The examples, I think, are particularly helpful.) +1/-1? The idea was to dump this at the end of the month when 2.2 came out, but if 2.2 is delayed, then this will not happen.
Also, I'd be happy to grant write access to the page repo for this; it's private right now because I don't know how the copyright from themeforest works with publicly-viewable repositories, although in theory it's not any additional information that couldn't be gotten from the packages delivered when viewing the page. The images I selected are ... biased towards ones I already had. :) So that might be a place to improve it, among other things ...
3) I am going on vacation starting sometime between June 29 and July 3, and I will be gone until at least July 23rd. During that time I will have very, very limited access to email, and I do not anticipate being able to reply to any yt-users emails or make any software changes. I will be able to reply, in a very limited fashion and with high latency, to direct email inquiries.