We're proud to release yt version 2.5.1. This is a scheduled point
release that includes all bug fixes identified and fixed since the
release of 2.5 on March 1.
Major changes include:
* The addition of a frontend for the Pluto code (Andrew Myers)
* The addition of an OBJ exporter to enable transparent and
multi-surface exports of surfaces to Blender and Sketchfab (Jill
There have also been a number of minor bugs fixed in this release.
* load_uniform_grid can now decompose dims >= 1024. (#537)
* Axis unit setting works correctly for unit names (#534)
* ThermalEnergy is now calculated correctly for Enzo MHD simulations (#535)
* Radius fields had an asymmetry in periodicity calculation (#531)
* Boolean regions can now be pickled (#517)
If you are using the stable branch of yt from an installation script,
you can upgrade using "yt update". If you are using the development
branch, you may already have these fixes. An installation-ready
tarball with generated C code (i.e., no Cython) has been uploaded to
the Python Package Index (PyPI).
Thanks very much,
Matt, on behalf of the yt development team
yt-users mailing list