I think the 3.0 branch is nearing readiness in most core functionality for Enzo, FLASH and RAMSES, but not yet in some of the higher profile stuff, like volume rendering or finite stencils. I am still still working to convert the Boxlib codes over, because I think I'd also like to address some IO issues that were recently mentioned to me, and to consolidate what we can in there.
I'd like to propose that sometime this week, we have a hangout to talk through the current state of 3.0 and 2.x, and to figure out the best way to move forward as a team. I've set up a doodle here -- if there's strong opposition to these times, we can attempt to have it on another day or week.
Here's a rough agenda:
1) Revisiting goals for 3.0: what did we decide on at the last meeting, have there been any changes? 2) Status of milestones, what other milestones are there? 3) What would it take to move into the main development branch? 4) What would it take to move developers to 3.0? 5) Open discussion: developer meeting?, handling transition, other suggestions, gripes, etc.
Hope to see you soon,