John, Sam, Stephen,
Thanks very much for testing. I think maybe this is just about ready for production; sounds like we should push ahead with swapping it out for 2.2. The only remaining test is the light cone stuff, but I was able to test the source-selection and that worked for me. It would be a real feather in our caps I think to release 2.2 that included a completely new web GUI (which includes PyLab support as well as google maps-style widgets!), a projection speedup of 3.5x, and a new field system. And, even a new logo!
There are a few more optimizations I believe I can apply, which I will attempt to do over the next little while -- but they are less invasive. Mainly these involve moving from pre-generated arrays of positions to generating positions inside the Cython code on an as-needed basis.
John -- 350 s to 104 s is pretty good, I think. We may now be IO dominated, but if you supply the argument preload="all" it might cut down even further on the run time.
On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 1:24 PM, John Wise email@example.com wrote:
Nice work, Matt!
pf.h.proj = pf.h.quad_proj
Clever trick. I didn't think about doing this before when running QuadProj in serial before.
I just tested it on pleiades on 128 processes on a large nested grid simulation. The run time decreased from 348s to 104s. Very nice. There were no errors, but there were some lingering RECV/SEND debugging messages. Here are the stats on the dataset.
0 512 134217728 1 850 25412184 2 1229 140608000 3 13775 283353768 4 41136 195020184 5 29687 74512760 6 14847 17540640 7 4104 3998824 8 527 1099896
Yt-dev mailing list Ytfirstname.lastname@example.org http://lists.spacepope.org/listinfo.cgi/yt-dev-spacepope.org