Additionally, the LightCone and LightRay will get a refactor in the near future to work with the new general SimulationTimeSeries class instead of being enzo specific.  I hope to clean up some other things that may have picked up a little rust with time.


On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Britton Smith <> wrote:
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for catching all this.  Your changes all look good to me, with one suggestion.

I recommend replacing set_parameters=None and then adding a line:
if set_parameters is None: set_parameters={}
When setting the empty dist in the kwarg, you can run into situations where things can get stuck in that dict from previous calls to that function, since it's a pointer.
Other than that, it looks great.  I'll accept the PR when you submit one.
The add_redshift_label kwarg was removed when use of the PlotCollection to generate the projections was dropped.  Thanks for catching that, too.


On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM, Stephen Skory <> wrote:

I have been messing around with the example light cone generator
example for halos:

and I have come across a few issues. My guess is that the various
things the light cone uses (the halo profiler, FRB) have changed
underneath the light cone. I think I've got it working with some
changes, but at least one is not a good permanent solution, and I'd
like Britton eyes on this since I don't really understand all the
details of the LC and I'm not sure that these changes are good.

1. In the example above, the "add_redshift_label" keyword to
"project_light_cone()" doesn't appear to exist any more.

2. I've made these changes to the yt source to get things to work:

a. The changes to are hacks. It appears that the halo
profiler now adds the overdensity factor to "RadiusMpc" and
"TotalMassMsun" (e.g. "RadiusMpc_200"). It seems to me that the
correct way to fix this is to pass the halo profiler kwargs down to
the _make_slice_halo_list() function where these lines appear so the
overdensity factor can be included in these strings. What do you

b. In I've changed the default of set_parameters to an
empty dict, which dict.update() accepts to perform no action, when
None makes it croak.

c. frb.field_data[] doesn't appear to work.


Stephen Skory
510.621.3687 (google voice)
yt-dev mailing list