Hi Nathan and Britton,
I think the work of separating the astrophysical analysis modules is relevant here. There are issues in the main yt repo that’s related to those analysis modules, for example issues related to halo analysis. Once the analysis module separation is finished, I guess the related issues would also be transferred to the new repo at https://github.com/yt-project/yt_astro_analysis https://github.com/yt-project/yt_astro_analysis. If this will happen before the 3.4 release, those issues should not be blockers.
On May 3, 2017, at 5:32 PM, Britton Smith email@example.com wrote:
Thank you for taking the time to look through all the issues. I agree with designating all "new feature", "help wanted", and "wish" labels for 3.5. I also think all "enhancements" should be marked 3.5 as well. I think we should try to limit blockers to breakages or reversions so as to reduce the number of 3.4 issues to as low as possible.
I am definitely +1 on that hangout and will try to participate.
On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 5:17 PM, Nathan Goldbaum <firstname.lastname@example.org mailto:email@example.com> wrote: Hi all,
Now that we're fully on github I took the opportunity today to triage our issue list. There were a number of issues that I could close immediately either because they are fixed already, were classified incorrectly as open when we imported them from bitbucket, or because there wasn't sufficient information to reproduce or understand the reported issue.
That leaves us with 97 open issues. Now we need to decide which of those 97 issues should be blockers for a 3.4 release. Currently almost all of the open issues are in a new 3.4 "milestone" we can track:
I've also created a bunch of labels. We can probably bikeshed about what they should be named and if we have too many:
I'd like to propose that we move all the issues I've marked "new feature", "help wanted", and "wish" labels to a new 3.5 milestone. In addition, I think many of the issues marked "enhancement" can also be moved.
I think it would be worthwhile to schedule a hangout sometime in the next couple weeks to determine which issues should block a 3.4 release. Let me know if you are interested in that so we can figure out a date and time.
yt-dev mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org mailto:email@example.com http://lists.spacepope.org/listinfo.cgi/yt-dev-spacepope.org http://lists.spacepope.org/listinfo.cgi/yt-dev-spacepope.org
yt-dev mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org http://lists.spacepope.org/listinfo.cgi/yt-dev-spacepope.org