---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gina Helfrich <gina(a)numfocus.org>
Date: Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 10:28 AM
Subject: [DISC] open source survey data from GitHub
Some items of interest here for building inclusive OS communities: http://
- Documentation is highly valued, frequently overlooked, and *a means
for establishing inclusive and accessible communities*.
- *Negative interactions are infrequent but highly visible*, with
consequences for project activity.
- Open source is used by the whole world, but its
*contributors don't yet reflect its broad audience. *
- Using and contributing to open source often happens on the job.
- Open source is the default when choosing software.
Dr. Gina Helfrich
Communications Director, NumFOCUS
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Diversity & Inclusion in Scientific Computing" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to disc+unsubscribe(a)numfocus.org.
To post to this group, send email to disc(a)numfocus.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/numfocus.org/group/disc/
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/numfocus.org/d/optout