On Monday, yt 2.0 will be going out. Inasmuch as a release is
important independent of the accompanying email, please go ahead and
either hold off on big changes or commit any last minute bug fixes.
The docs are now going to be rebuilt on a rolling schedule, so that's
less of a concern at this point. Docstrings and so on can be added
continually. The major changelist I have currently looks like:
- Major reorganization of the codebase for speed, ease of
modification, and maintainability
- Re-organization of documentation and addition of Orientation Session
- Support for the FLASH, CASTRO and MAESTRO codes
- Preliminary support for ART and RAMSES (contributions welcome!)
- Perspective projection for volume rendering
- Exporting to Sunrise
- Preliminary particle rendering in volume rendering visualization
- Drastically improved parallel volume rendering, via kD-tree decomposition
- Simple merger tree calculation for FOF catalogs
Any additions / changes?
Thanks everybody for your hard work!