yt community is proud to announce the release of yt 3.5.1. This is a
patch release and includes a number of minor improvements and bugfixes.
is an open source, community developed toolkit for the analysis and
visualization of volumetric data. Development is hosted on GitHub (https://github.com/yt-project/yt).
See the changelog below for a summary of new features, changes, and bugfixes.
more information, including installation instructions, links to
community resources, and information on contributing to yt’s
development, please see the yt homepage at http://yt-project.org and the documentation for yt 3.5.1 at http://yt-project.org/docs/3.5.1.
Binaries for yt 3.5.1 are available via
conda. If you installed via the install script or use
conda to manage your python installation, you can update yt via:
$ conda update -c conda-forge yt
pip if you manage your python installation with
$ pip install -U yt
always, if you have any questions, concerns, or run into any trouble
updating please don’t hesitate to send a message to the mailing list or
stop by our Slack or IRC channel.
is the product of a large community of developers and users and we are
extraordinarily grateful for and proud of their contributions. Please
forward this announcement on to any interested parties.
The yt development team
- Avoid use of deprecated field names internally, silencing some user-visible deprecation warnings. See PR 2073.
- Fix crash using clump.save_as_dataset when field_data is not defined. See PR 2079. Thank you to Adam McMaster (@adammcmaster) for the fix.
- Fix for ramses RT and group reading under Python3. See PR 2092.
- The line integral convolution annotation no longer erroneously includes noise in regions where the vector field under consideration has a value of zero. See PR 2094.
- Explicit set language_level to 2 in yt's cython code to avoid breakage with a future Cython release that changes the default language_level. See PR 2100.
- Add support for matplotlib 3.0, fixes issue where colorbar values were sometimes incorrect. See PR 2101.
- Fix incorrect weighting function used in definition of mozotta_weighting field. See PR 2102.
- Fix an issue that caused reading a particle field from a cut_region to produce a crash. See PR 2106.
- Fix unit issues leading to incorrect angular momentum calculations. See PR 2114.
- Fix incorrect behavior when creating a covering_grid or arbitrary_grid with a left_edge or right_edge that has specified units. See PR 2119.
- Avoid reading big-endian Gadget binary data. See PR 2120.
- Convert radius to appropriate unit in the sphere plot callback. See PR 2128.
- Fix issues doing CIC deposition on a chunk containing only one oct. See PR 2130.
- Fix FutureWarning generated by NumPy 1.16. See PR 2133.
- Fix issues reading ARTIO multiresolution N-body particles. See PR 2140. Thank you to Gillen Brown (@gillenbrown) for the fix.
- Fix crashes when a plugins file has a function that uses global variables defined in the file. See PR 2144.
- Fix several bugs in the Enzo-p frontend. See PR 2150.
- Fix issues reading ramses data on Windows. See PR 2152.