[python-advocacy] A Call to Arms for Python Advocacy

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Wed Dec 13 18:34:03 CET 2006

Tarek Ziadé wrote:

> On 12/7/06, *Jeff Rush* <jeff at taupro.com <mailto:jeff at taupro.com>> wrote:
>
>     These works are to be formed into advocacy kits for various
>     audiences.  So far we have the following ideas for kits:
 >     [snip]
>
> perhaps a local python user group advocacy kit ?   a PSF kit that would
 > help LUGs to spread the good word, or some kind of support for LUGs
 > creation

Alright, I see you've added it to the list and I've filled out the table of
contents for a kit for general user group advocacy -- I'm unsure whether we
want a generic one or just materials that can be combined to create kits
focused on various types of user groups: campus, within a large company,
community, etc.

> also, I think we could have a european store for shirts ,
> like the caffepress one, to lower the prices for european people and the
> deliver time. because in europe most Python developers won't pay 30$ for
 > a simple shirt, that comes 3 weeks later

I've added your suggestion to the top of the advocacy page,
http://wiki.python.org/moin/Advocacy but we need european input on possible
online stores and which ones would serve them best.

I'm copying this to the advocacy list so others can provide input on these
ideas.  Thanks Tarek for taking the time to get involved.

-Jeff