[python-advocacy] Seeking Presentation Ideas for Certain www.python.org Content

Brad Allen brad at allendev.com
Fri Apr 27 05:48:37 CEST 2007

At 6:17 AM -0500 4/25/07, Jeff Rush wrote:
>2) We're also trying to improve the findability of existing usergroups,
>-without- developing new software.  Are there structural changes we can make
>>to the site that would help this?

This seems like a strange restriction...not that I'm volunteering to write
anything at the moment..

At the PyCon 2007 Advocacy BOF there was some excited talk about
having a common RSS feed/blog page where user group organizers
could post upcoming meetings, and notes about what happened at
past meetings. I think Doug Napoleone suggested that postings could
also be geocoded so that people could search on events by geographic
area.

Of course allowing a web form to post something, while still preventing
spam would probably mean...user logins...user registrations...etc.