[python-advocacy] Thought: Using LinkedIn to reward open-source developers

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Tue Aug 14 19:18:30 CEST 2007

Aahz wrote:
> Actually, I just this week joined LinkedIn (baaaaaaaa!), and I've been
> noticing that a lot of people are linking to others at the "acquaintance"
> level, where my impression was that you were only supposed to link to
> people when you know them better.  What kind of policies are people using
> to decide whether to link to someone?

I started with just the PSF board members and officers, 'cause it seemed
logical and possibly useful.

I've received around 15 requests and accepted them, but not actively tried
to increase my connections.  No one that's asked was someone I didn't know
at all, and out of 25 I have only 3 I feel are perhaps questionable -- mainly
people that I started to interact with, the connection was made, and then
nothing much further happened.

I suspect other people have different experiences...

- Stephan