[python-advocacy] _The Python Papers_ Online Magazine

Tennessee Leeuwenburg tennessee at tennessee.id.au
Fri Jan 12 00:56:18 CET 2007

In terms of hosting, I think I will need to find a better web host.
CGPublisher is hosted as a web service, and that's currently what
pythonpapers.org is pointed at.

To make a better site, I think I will need something that is hosted on a
real box, with proper DNS setup rather than using a redirect. Among other
things, this prevents Google from indexing our main site -- a big drawback.

I am not a web developer -- my work is in standalone applications. Obviously
one can't get by without some understanding of the web, but I haven't been
writing web apps for a long time, so I don't know what the best choices are
for a web framework.

Recently, I have been experimenting with webware, a Python-based framework
with a similar structure to a Java Servlet approach. I find this to be easy
enough to develop in. If somewhere would be able to host a site written in
this fashion, that would be great. Alternatively, if anyone wanted to
provide some gruntwork assistance getting up and running, I would just adapt
to their recommendations.

Another alternative would be to generate a static site with vim and good old
hard yakka, but I don't know if that will cut the mustard. Any and all
advice on this matter gratefully accepted.

Cheers,
-T