[python-advocacy] which user group organizer/advocacy list?

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Tue Jun 5 15:52:43 CEST 2007

Brad Allen wrote:
> There are two user group themed mailing lists at Python.org. Do we
> really need both?

> and Mentoring of Usergroup Organizers (Current or Wannabe)"

> "Promoting Python user groups."

I think the intention was for the latter to focus on building tools
and support, and the former as helping group leaders, but from past
experience with such splits I'd recommend combining them.

They have different membership, with fewer members and no messages
yet on group-organizers so perhaps that one should be removed
and the members moved over.

OTOH, group-organizers may be a more descriptive name in the long run.
I expect the focus would change over time from tool building to general
support.

- Stephan