[python-advocacy] Best place for Python code hosting

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Wed Jun 6 16:37:18 CEST 2007

Tennessee Leeuwenburg wrote:
> I am looking to host some code in association with The Python Papers. I
> had been intending to use Google Code (indeed, I have already started
> down this path). However, it occurs to me to wonder if this is the best
> place for it. Is there a Python-recommended project hosting site?

There's no standard for Python other than attempting to flee
Source Forge of course! ;-)

Maybe this is useful, if a bit old:

http://www.ibiblio.org/fosphost/exhost.htm

BerliOS is the other one I've seen used a fair amount.

I'd personally avoid one that doesn't have subversion, though
(and I expect the above link from 2004 may not be up to date
in that respect).

- Stephan