[python-advocacy] which user group organizer/advocacy list?

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Wed Jun 6 22:48:35 CEST 2007

Stephan Deibel wrote:
> Brad Allen wrote:
>> There are two user group themed mailing lists at Python.org. Do we
>> really need both?

>> and Mentoring of Usergroup Organizers (Current or Wannabe)"

>> "Promoting Python user groups."

The lists have different focuses (focuii).  The "usergroup-advocacy" is a
private list of 5 people who volunteered at PyCon during the Advocacy BOF to
serve on a committee guiding the usergroup outreach efforts.  Topics are tools
needed, steps to be taken, policies to be created to encourage groups.  It's
sort of an advisory group to help me.

The "group-organizers" list is one that is open to anyone who helps run a
usergroup, or that wants to start one in their area.  It is for the mentoring
of new group leaders, and as a forum for sharing successful techniques for
running usergroups.

I'd been holding off on announcing the second list, until I had written up the
"How to Start and Run a Successful Usergroup" document, so we could discuss
the content there, but haven't finished that so heck, I'll just announce it
today anyway.

-Jeff