[python-advocacy] Proposal for Monthly podcast series

Broadus Jones broadus.jones at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 18:56:47 CEST 2007

On 6/20/07, David Goodger <goodger at python.org> wrote:

> I listen to podcasts while walking to work, and to fill other
> "autopilot" times.

I listen to audio books when I am alone in the car.

> I guess all this shows is that there are many opinions.
Hear, hear!

One technical aspect I have noted in the best audio books is the audio
is chopped into short (3-5 minute) files.  This allows the listener to
jump forward or back w/o having to scan the entire "document".  There
is no auditory break between files when listening, so it does not
disturb the listener.

I do plan on listening.  Jeff has many interesting things to say.

(just my user 2 cents)

Broadus