[python-advocacy] Proposal for Monthly podcast series

Michael Tobis mtobis at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 20:46:32 CEST 2007

I admit I haven't been following closely, but I don't understand this
discussion.

Why doesn't everyone make whatever media they see fit as well as they
can whenever they want to?

YouTube can host bandwidth intensive stuff in a pinch. All we would
want a centralized facility to do would be to link especially language
and/or community relevant ones.

Perhaps one or two could be featured at a given time, and maybe an RSS
feed of that would be good. I don't see the need to centralize the
production and make a big deal out of it. What python.org/PSF can
provide is a submission form and a very loose editorial policy (you
have to watch the whole thing to check for offtopic or otherwise
inappropriate material before recommending it.)

There's no need for it to be as rare as monthly if people want to
contribute. If you can get your stuff prominently featured on
python.org, preferably on the home page, lots of folks would do it.

Did I miss something?

mt