[python-advocacy] Organizing Python Representation at OSCON 2007

Mark Ramm mark.mchristensen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 00:24:33 CEST 2007

I'm hoping to be able to do a few python related interviews/discussion
groups for a Python  podcasting project I'm working on, and I'm doing
a tutorial on python web programming and WSGI.

I'd also be willing to help do whatever needs doing for python advocacy.

--Mark Ramm

On 6/27/07, Jeff Rush <jeff at taupro.com> wrote:
> OSCON 2007 in Portland, Oregon from July 23-27 is fast approaching.  This is a
> professional conference that can give Python a lot of visibility in the IT
> world and draws a different crowd from our community-run conferences like  PyCon.
>
> There looks to be a good set of talks on the Python track, with several
> positioned to promote the use of Python by telling its story:
>
>    - Code Like a Pythonista: Idiomatic Python
>    - SQLAlchemy: Taming ORM with Python
>    - Super-sizing YouTube
>    - How to Write a Killer Sugar Activity
>    - Exploiting Multicore Capabilities from Python
>    - Python 3000
>    - Programming for Everybody: CP4E
>    - Coding with Dynamic Confidence
>
> There also is the opportunity to reach out by holding Python
> birds-of-a-feather gatherings.  The Python community is a friendly group and
> face-to-face contact is important to convey the human aspect of Python.  BoFs
> can be scheduled by visiting the OSCON page:
>
>    http://conferences.oreillynet.com/pub/w/58/bof.html
>
> I will not be attending this year, so we need one or more who are willing to
> step forward and loosely organize a bit.  Let's discuss this on the Python
> advocacy mailing list and make it happen this year.

> Jeff Rush
> Python Advocacy Coordinator

Mark Ramm-Christensen
email: mark at compoundthinking dot com