[python-advocacy] [PSF-Members] Helping get Python in more publications?

Chris McAvoy chris.mcavoy at gmail.com
Thu May 3 23:43:08 CEST 2007

On 5/3/07, Grig Gheorghiu <grig at gheorghiu.net> wrote:
> --- Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> > It would be worth a blog entry, perhaps? That would also put it on
> > another feed. I will do this if you think it's a good idea.
> >

> I think that with blog entries, you JUST DO IT, without asking :-)

This is a good point, and goes along with something I just recently saw:

http://pragdave.pragprog.com/pragdave/2007/05/erlang_blogging.html

A Erlang "blogging contest."  The winner just gets a book, and some
praise.  I think praise goes a long way.  I remember when
daily-python-url started picking up my blog, I was totally ecstatic.

I think a cash prize is good, and should be pursued, but really simple
editorial "this blog entry is good and deserves praise and attention"
could go a long way.

That said, I don't know how to implement it.  Maybe a "best of the
blogs" heading on the python.org site?  I know we have
planet.python.org, but we certainly could distill "best of."

Chris