[python-advocacy] [PSF-Members] Helping get Python in more publications?

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Fri May 4 03:24:05 CEST 2007

On 5/3/07, A.M. Kuchling <amk at amk.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 08:20:55PM -0400, Steve Holden wrote:
> > Indeed. And an award for "Best Python-Related Blog" might fit nicely
> > into an awards scheme. We can jig the rules so the same person (or at
> > least the same blog) isn't eligible to win it each time.
>
> We could do a Python carnival, collecting particularly notable posts,
> but that seems to duplicate what the Daily Python-URL does.
>
> --amk
Since we are brainstorming, I'll throw this in.  How about a
digg/reddit/delicious style web site dedicated solely to python.  The
top rated stories would be used in the rss feed.  So you could
participate by voting or just by monitoring the rss feed of those
stories who were ranked highly by the community?  Then a community
could filter spam, give kudos to important news/stories/blog posts,
etc.   Most of the python web resources rely on a few people.  If the
burden could be shifted and dispersed it would probably be a good
thing.

As an example, there are quite a few python mail lists and blogs that
I would like to keep tabs on, but time doesn't permit.  However, if
there was a filtering method that would let the gems bubble up - I
would be able.  I would also be willing to rank messages and blog
posts that I do read to contribute back.

all pie in the sky right now - but an idea.

-jeff