[python-advocacy] New python products supported?

Dorai Thodla dorai at thodla.com
Sat Aug 2 04:38:42 CEST 2008

I noticed that Python support increasing among major vendors. Some of the
major influencers in software - Microsoft, Sun, Google all seem to be
increasing support for Python. Watching and highlighting major software
vendors supporting Python and talking about adoption rates may be one way to
increase awareness.

We may need a more specific PythonIT or Python in IT effort as well.

Dorai Thodla
www.thodla.com

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 11:09 PM, Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> wrote:

> I noticed recently that Perforce released an officially supported version
> of their Python API to replace the previously distributed, but not
> supported, version
> (
> http://public.perforce.com/guest/robert_cowham/perforce/API/python/index.html
> ).
>
> I suspect this is a fairly common scenario.  Somebody inside a company
> does some kind of Python add-on for their company's main product.  The
> company half-pretends it doesn't exist for a while and after enough time
> goes by, they decide to turn it into a real supported product.  It would
> be interesting if we had a list of such "coming of age" Python events.  It
> would be a good way to show that the corporate world is starting to take
> Python seriously.

Dorai Thodla (http://www.thodla.com)
Thinking about Technology Innovation and Learning
My DailyLog (http://dorai.tumblr.com/) - Stuff worth remembering
US: 650-206-2688, India: 98408 89258