[python-advocacy] A new screencast + Re: Python wiki theme

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sun Jun 8 01:51:49 CEST 2008

On Saturday 07 June 2008 21:55:10 Andre Roberge wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 12:16 PM, A.M. Kuchling <amk at amk.ca> wrote:
> >
> > I've e-mailed Andre the files privately, and also published them
> > in a Bazaar repository at http://code.amk.ca/pydotorg-wiki/ .
>
> I did make use of the files (thanks!).  The Python file was not
> totally compatible with the new MoinMoin version but I use brute force
> to make it work by commenting out the offending lines.  I'm sure doing
> so removed some useful functionality but it was enough to serve my
> purpose.

We're using MoinMoin for the EuroPython Web site, and when we upgraded from
1.5.x to 1.6.x, there wasn't much that had to be changed in our theme code. I
guess we'll make that theme available at some point, too.

> I had to retrieve, using an indirect method (firebug, cut-and-paste,
> edit to remove line numbers) as the direct method did not seem to
> work, the css file. I suggest this file should also be added to the
> repository.

On the subject of CSS, there's a bug in the Python Web site tracker which
affects list formatting in the Python Wiki:

http://pydotorg.python.org/pydotorg/ticket/439

It would be great if that were fixed at some point.

Paul