[python-advocacy] OSCON ramp-up: booth

David Goodger goodger at python.org
Wed Apr 29 19:41:16 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 12:23, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
> OSCON this year is local to me, and I'd like to make this the year we
> finally have a booth at OSCON.  Does anyone here have experience with
> purchasing material for a booth?

What kind of material? The booth proper ("pipe & drape", tables,
chairs) are typically provided by the conference. The group must
provide their own signage (a small generic sign is often supplied,
like "group X, booth Y"), pamphlets, and swag. I can help with the
PyCon sources for those things. If you're looking for funding, a
request to the PSF would be in order (once a budget is established of
course).

I joined the oscon at python.org list. Not currently planning to attend though.

-- David