AstroPy: AstroPy news - April 9, 1999

Dr. William T. Bridgman bridgman at lheapop.gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Apr 9 17:56:49 EDT 1999

I've made some updates to the AstroPy web page.

There is now a link to Paul Barrett's PyFITS module (note that this is
basically an alpha-release so please report bugs you encounter).  It has
been tested on Solaris, Linux x86, and MacOS.  I wanted to add a report to
Pavlos' page but the AddModule option seems to be offline.

I'm working on a couple of simple demo applications for PyFITS (I sent
PySpec to the list a few days ago) and the documentation.

Comments, suggestions, other reports are welcome.

Tom

--
Dr. William T."Tom" Bridgman          Raytheon ITSS
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
Code 664                              bridgman at lheapop.gsfc.nasa.gov
Greenbelt, MD 20771                   (301) 286-1346