[AstroPy] VSOP implementation

Keith J. Farmer deoradh at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 17 00:08:30 EDT 2000

<x-charset iso-8859-1>I wrote:
> How much interest is there in a routine to compute coordinates
> based on the
> VSOP tables?  I've already implemented the polynomial expressions (Astron

Just saw the sources are mentioned in the PyEphem package.

In that case, anyone interested in a routine to create the 5th-degree polys?
I've got an idea to do it much more quickly than sampling points, which I've
not really seen mentioned.  Come to think of it, VSOP doesn't seem to get
mentioned very often, itself.

http://im.yahoo.com