Fast FITS queries in Python

Tom Bridgman bridgman at wyeth.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Feb 24 09:40:03 EST 2000

There is also Paul Barrett's PyFITS routine which for some lame reason I
don't seem to have a link to on the AstroPy home page. :^)  Paul, if
you're around, could you send an updated link?

I've successfully FITSified OSSE timing data files (with IDL on a VAX)
and then extracted both header & binary table data using PyFITS.  I
actually had this working on a Macintosh.  Perhaps I should post/repost
some of this.

Actually, perhaps I should update the AstroPy page.  While I'm at it,
suggestions for other additions?

Tom

--
Dr. William T."Tom" Bridgman           Scientific Visualization Studio
Raytheon ITSS                          NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center