[AstroPy] Comprehensive python time code class?

Tom Loredo loredo at astro.cornell.edu
Fri Mar 19 15:49:27 EST 2004

> I've coded a simple and not terribly comprehensive version but I'm
> looking for something more powerful, particularly in dealing with
> issues like different time standards & zones, high-time resolution,
> leap seconds & years, time differences, and incrementing.

I'm not clear on exactly what you're looking for, but mxDateTime
claims to handle time zones, daylight savings time, leap secs, etc..
It appears to use UTC.

http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxDateTime.html

The Boost folks have a page with date/time links, including
C/C++ libraries:

http://www.boost.org/libs/date_time/doc/References.html

I don't use any of this stuff so I can't comment on its suitability.
I just happened to recall hearing of it.  I have a dim recollection
of a recent addition to the std lib that deals with dates and time,
but I may just be remembering an announcement of the latest
mxDateTime.

-Tom Loredo