[AstroPy] New PyRAF Programmer's Guide available
perry at stsci.edu
Wed May 12 16:00:59 EDT 2004
A PyRAF Programmer's Guide has been added to the PyRAF documentation
This Guide explains many of the details of how to:
1) Write Python scripts to use IRAF tasks, particularly to be
run as scripts outside of the PyRAF command line mode.
2) Wrap pure Python scripts or programs and use them like
IRAF tasks are used (with CL syntax and parameter editing).
3) Define new IRAF tasks in Python syntax.
4) Deal with I/O redirection in Python scripts.
5) Trap IRAF task errors.
6) Manipulate IRAF task parameters including saving and restoring
them to and from files.
7) Use many of the utility functions available in PyRAF
8) Access the generated Python code for IRAF CL scripts.
We welcome suggestions for improving this guide. Please
send them to help at stsci.edu
AstroPy mailing list - astropy at stsci.edu
More information about the AstroPy