[AstroPy] AstroLibWCS & AstroLibCoords

Alexandre Beelen abeelen at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
Wed Apr 20 09:53:55 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am part of the BoA [1] project which aimed to write a flexible
software to reduce data coming from various bolometers arrays. The core
of this software is written in python, which some extension in fortran
for the intensive computation task. I started to implement a somehow
light WCS system to deals with map coordinates.

Before going any further, I would like to know what are the status, and
if it was possible to access and use, the AstroLibWCS & AstroLibCoords
library. In case where a few modules are present would it be also
possible to participate to their development ?

I was also thinking to wrap the WCSLIB [2] using swig or something else,
does any of you tried this before ?

a.

[1] http://www.openboa.de (old not really updated web site)
[2] http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/mcalabre/WCS/