[AstroPy] Comments sought on WCS library

W.T. Bridgman William.T.Bridgman.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Feb 25 15:20:45 EST 2005

I'm apparently not currently a member that can post to the wiki and I'm
not sure where this should go since it is also relevant to the
AstroLibCoords page.

The focus so far seems to be more on dealing with sky coordinates
(understandable).  I'd like to note that the solar data groups have
expressed some interest in python and I use pyFITS for an increasing
amount of my solar image processing.  While it may take some time to
get various coordinate transformations implemented, we should be
careful not to setup a system that is difficult/impossible to expand to
other systems.  I do notice some mention of mapping 2-D to 3-D
coordinate systems so maybe this covers that aspect?

Tom