[AstroPy] numpy; bulk coordinate conversions

Andrew Jaffe a.jaffe at imperial.ac.uk
Thu May 11 07:11:46 EDT 2006

Hi All,

Thanks very much for providing and supporting the various astropy packages. Two
questions:

- are there plans to upgrade to numpy from numarray/numeric?

- I've got to convert a large number -- potentially millions -- of
  points between coordinate systems. Is there a recommended and/or easy
  way to do this? (I think this is two separate questions, really: how
  should I store millions of positions, and how should I then do the
  conversion?)

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Jaffe				        a.jaffe at imperial.ac.uk
Astrophysics Group                                    +44 207 594-7526
Blackett Laboratory, Room 1013                    FAX             7541
Imperial College, Prince Consort Road
London SW7 2AZ ENGLAND              http://astro.imperial.ac.uk/~jaffe