[AstroPy] Determining DST in Python?

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 29 19:22:47 EST 2009

Yes, I've begun to prowl around in that murky library.  It has just a
bit too much to 'easily' digest at the moment. I have used several of
the functions.  I would  think that someone has faced this issue
before.  For the moment, the best I can think of is hard coding
dates-times for my time zone in each of the last 3 years. I think there
really only four, 2 for the past year, and 2 for prior years. I really
only need to worry about my particularly time zone, Calif.