[AstroPy] plot of data and residuals

Jonathan Slavin jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 10 09:16:44 EDT 2010

To AstroPy'ers:

I'd like to make a plot using matplotlib with two subplots, a larger one
with the data and model and a lower (smaller height) abutting one with
the residuals (sharing the x-axis).  Since this is a common sort of plot
in astronomy, I thought maybe one of you might have figured out how to
do this, saving me the trouble of figuring it out for myself.  I don't
see any examples quite like that on the matplotlib examples page.  If I
don't get any response, I'll do it myself and (if not too kludgey) will
post my method.

Jon
Jonathan D. Slavin              Harvard-Smithsonian CfA
jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu         60 Garden Street, MS 83
phone: (617) 496-7981           Cambridge, MA 02138-1516
 cell: (781) 363-0035           USA