[AstroPy] IDLSave 0.9.7 released

Thomas Robitaille thomas.robitaille at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 19:03:13 EDT 2010

I am happy to announce the availability of IDLSave 0.9.7. IDLSave is a pure
Python module to import variables from IDL ‘save’ files into Python, and
does not require IDL to work. I am also happy to announce that the IDLSave
code has now also been included in scipy.io (thanks to Matthew Brett). The
idlsave.read function is available via scipy.io.readsav and/or
scipy.io.idl.readsav.

Most of the changes in 0.9.6 and 0.9.7 are related to the move to scipy. In
particular, unit tests are now present, and several small bugs uncovered in
the process have been fixed.

For the foreseeable future, IDLSave will be maintained in parallel with the
scipy.io version, so there is no obligation to change to the scipy.io version
at this stage.

More information and download/installation instructions are available at
http://idlsave.sourceforge.net/

Please let me know if you encounter any problems, or have any suggestions,

Best regards,

Thomas Robitaille