[AstroPy] Python Books for Beginners?

Kelle Cruz kellecruz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 12:01:06 EST 2010

Hi All,

I'm looking for book recommendations for beginning programmers starting with
Python.  Think undergrads first programming project.  I see lots of
possibilities on Amazon, but does anybody have any experience with them?
While we're at it, any other books you'd recommend having around the lab?
I'm tempted just to get a couple of the O'Reilly ones just because.

(btw, I tried to search the archives for this mailing list, but I was
unsuccessful...is there a search page that I missed?)

Thanks!
kelle

--
Kelle Cruz, PhD