[AstroPy] Is There an AstroCalc Modulo?

Paul Barrett pebarrett at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 10:35:32 EST 2010

Jaap,

Thanks for pointing this out to me.  I'll take a look at it and see
what else can be done.

I have two goals in mind for this library: 1) to provide a higher
level interface than what is typically found by just wrapping a C or
FORTRAN library, and 2) to vectorize it for use with lists or arrays.
An example of #1 is converting a position at a particular epoch in
B1950 to one in J2000 in a single function or method call.  Often you
have to string together two or three different function calls to get
the desired result.  As for #2, it would be nice to provide a list of
stellar positions and have the function or method return a list of new
positions.  This is not only faster for large lists, but more
convenient.

If you are interested in participating, we would welcome the help.

 -- Paul